Moving or already moved to the USA?

We can help.

Before You Move to the USA.

Congratulations on moving to the USA! Moving into a new country is an exciting time, but this transition also requires proper immigration paperwork, healthcare coverage, financial planning, tax planning and investment management.

All of this can seem overwhelming. At Transition Financial,
we have specialists to assist you in all stages of this exciting transition, from start to finish. Consult The Transition Toolbox before you move.

Immigration / Citizenship Planning

In order to live year round or work at any time in the US, you must have a valid visa, hold a Green Card or be a citizen of the US. If you are not a US citizen, your long-term objectives determine whether you should pursue a temporary work visa, a Green Card or citizenship because there are tax implications, healthcare, cost of living and lifestyle issues to consider. US citizenship and immigration planning requires a thorough analysis of your situation to determine the best strategy for you.

More about immigration/citizenship

cross border investment solutions

Wills & Estates

Have you had your will adjusted to reflect your new country of residence?
Learn More
cross border investment solutions

Medical Coverage in the USA

When moving to the USA, at least one of the following health care provisions should be established: Employee health insurance
Private health insurance, or US Medicare.

We advise our clients to apply for permanent medical coverage as soon as they become residents of the USA.

More about health care

Filing Your Taxes

When you are moving from Canada to USA, you are required to file taxes in both countries and to declare your “worldwide income. This is called “Double Taxation”. At Transition Financial, we can help plan for double taxation and we can prepare your taxes in both countries, while keeping “double taxation” benefits at the forefront.

More about taxes
cross border investment solutions

Investment Services

Should you move your investments to the USA or shouldn’t you?
Find Out
cross border investment solutions


In order to work or live in the USA , everyone in your family must have a SSN (for those working) or an ITIN. The SSN will be required by your employer and is required to file a tax return. The ITIN is required for those who are not eligible to work in the US and allows you to reduce your taxes by claiming your spouse and children as dependents.

More about obtaining ID

Detailed Information

We are happy to answer any questions you may have about your particular situation. Please contact us and we will be in touch soon to schedule your no obligation consultation.

More Information

Copyright ©2020 Transition Financial Advisors Group Inc.  |  Designed by Zeus Systems Inc.